Saturday, January 3, 2009

On Monday, December 29th, Julie, Joe, Brenda, and I and all our kids who were there with us, went out to Pinedale to visit with Uncle Gary and Aunt JoAnn. Julia met us there and Lincoln got to meet Gary and JoAnn for the first time. We had a great time visiting and listening to some more of Gary's "hunting stories" again. Joe, Julie, Jennifer and I did a little reminiscing of our own as well.
It made me really happy, because Gary hasn't been up to "telling tales" for a while now. The kids, I know, enjoyed, so much, getting to sit there and listen to all the stories again, (lots of new ones they hadn't heard---and that was great....but I was just...grateful ---to have another chance to do so. )
I feel so lucky to have so many happy memories that Gary, Boyd and Dad made for and with us.
We were the luckiest kids in the world! We had a great childhood because of you three! (and our patient, hard-working Moms!)
We love you so much Gary and JoAnn. I hope we get to have many more visits!



Love the Led Zeppelin T-Shirt. Thanks Uncle Rhett!

Joni, Mia, Lincoln and Julie:





1 comment:

  1. I really like this post! I love small town reminiscing. It makes me feel cozy! Cute pictures. Lincoln & Mia are getting so big!

    P.S. I sent Grandma an invite to our blog. I haven't seen her accept it yet though. I did follow up with an e-mail giving specific instructions so hopefully she will be able to view it soon.

    ReplyDelete

If you know me, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment. D