Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wishin' Well...


A friend, today asked me to join a website that you post poetry on. I have no talents in that area--but I think I do have an eye or "ear" for things that are "one of a kind".

I love this part of a song by Patty Griffin, called "Wishing Well", for example:

"Darlin', I wish you well,
On your way to the Wishing Well,
Swingin' off of those "Gates of Hell",
But I can tell how hard you're tryin'.
I just have this secret hope--sometimes all we do is cope...
somewhere on the steepest slope, there's an endless rope,
and nobody's cryin'."
Smile,
Denise

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aunt 'Nise!

    Would you mind e-mailing me so I can send you an invite to our blog! It is back on private now.

    kelli.hatch@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

If you know me, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment. D