Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Matt just got home from a trip to Washington DC with the Student Govt. group from UVU. Some of you may not realize that he is, along with completing his degree, studying for the LSAT and being an awesome husband and son--the "assistant to the Student Body President (same position Amber held at Utah Valley in her Senior Year)", but he is also on a National committee for which he presented a "presentation" in DC this past week. (Sorry, he keeps me in the dark as to the details) (my poor little "rural brain" probably couldn't handle them anyway..) while he was there--and in which he says the attendees all managed to stay awake and seem interested.)
Having attended my own share of "presentations " for one work/academic requirement or another--I came to appreciate those who could hold a student's interest for longer than 15 minutes...so way to go, Matt!
He says he is sending me some pictures soon of his trip, so I will share those when they arrive.
Needless to say--I am so proud of my brilliant son and of his accomplishments. (Sorry if this blog is turning into a "brag sheet" of sorts..but oh well...bite me. My kids, friggin''rock!
Seriously, though--I am so lucky to have such great kids, and I can't take all the credit---their father helped every bit as much as I did--but truthfully, we can't take too much credit--they pretty-much came that way (brilliant)....all we did was encourage them a little.

Until I get the pictures--this will have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know me, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment. D