Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time with Crew-be-doo:

The past 3 weeks I have had a wonderful opportunity to get to know my two little grandsons who were born last year. I have spent so much time with Lily---we have a wonderful bond and we always will, I think--she is definitely one of a kind--but so often, when I took Lily to my house to stay it was to give her mom a break so she could get something done, since Crew was so calm and un-demanding. Consequentially, I didn't get to know Crew as well as I would have liked.
While Amber and Ryan went to Disneyland with Lily, Crew got to stay with Aunt Julie, and I went up every other night to give Julie and Doug a break and to spend some time with Crew before they moved to Las Vegas (last week).
It was so fun to get to know this sweet and amazing little boy. (He has so often been overshadowed by his sparkling older sister---) and yet, we have never 'not' known how special he is. Here are some pictures I took on the last day he was at Julie's.
Crew got a haircut from Cara, and after his bath, much to Julie's chagrin, I combed his hair into a faux-hawk.
When he got home, his mom couldn't figure out where he had gotten all this "attitude".
I told her, it was simple--he didn't have to share the attention with an "attention hog"(Lily) for a whole week...) For the first time he was the center of attention...and he found out he liked it a little bit.
Aside from all that---Crew is still the sweetest and cutest kid I have ever seen (a lot like his Uncle Matty at the same age.) I am so grateful I got to spend the time with him to get to know him better.

Hi Grandma! "Just let me hang on to your knee til I I get my bearings."
"Whatzup?"" I am the "Master" of all I survey!....you got a problem with that??"
"Happy Crewbie"...I miss you so much, my cute, sweet boy! (and I love you even more!) Please come see me soon!

2 comments:

  1. He is sooo cute. I just want to give him a big squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I do too!--I am missing he and Lily SO much. They have been such a bright spot in my life. It will be hard not to have them close by, now that Amber and Ryan have moved to Vegas. I just have to keep reminding myself that "at least it's not Australia" (like they were planning to move to last year.) At least Vegas is just a few hours away by car. Thanks for your comments. Your kids are so cute too. I want to just squeeze them too.
    If I end up transferring to our AZ office sometime in the future, can I come over and love on your kids when my grandkids aren't around? (I am seriously thinking about it--but probably not until next year sometime...)
    Thanks for keeping in touch.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

If you know me, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment. D