Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Slinkey Linckey's visit to Grandma's (NaNa's in Lincoln Language)

Julia had to go to San Jose, CA for a wedding of a dear friend last weekend (she was "best man" (Tux and the whole thing.)) Instead of schlepping Lincoln along, (and knowing he would be miserable) she dropped him off here in Utah to stay with us for the 5 days she would be gone. Lucky us---we got to have him here and really get a chance to get to know this cute little guy.
We have decided, Julia and I, that he is going to grow up to be a comedian, because he laughs at everything and also thinks he's so funny (which much of the time, he is.)
He is 9 months old now, and pretty darn cute. (I know---I'm partial--but you gotta agree--they don't come much cuter!)
Ok--here are the pictures:

First night at Grandma's--so far, so good...(Got out the trusty blocks (best toys I ever bought---seriously..)(This is also pre-haircut---don't worry, I asked his mom first---he kinda had a sides-only mullet thing going, and the back was shorter---so I just evened it up ( I promise). (I hated to see the curls go too--but it looked much better after.) (And he looked so grown up, all of a sudden!!)
Oh Man---look at those eyes...This kid is gonna get away with murder---(especially with the girls...take heed, Juls.)Grandma's little Shopping Buddy...

Can you tell he's done this before? He likes to ride side-saddle, with his knee up on the seat and his arm draped over the divider..."Mr Laid-Back"...

Sunday Afternoon---waiting for Uncle Matty and Aunt Kelly-Dude to come pick me up to go to Grandpa's
(He looks much mellower than he actually was. He has been cutting teeth (his whole mouthful seems to be coming in at once.) He got 3 on the bottom last week, and this week (in Utah--his two eye teeth came through (He looks like a little vampire--strange for them to come in before the top front ones---but who knows--I suppose those are not far behind. David's mom said that his teeth came in the same way... Anyway--Sunday Morning, he was NOT a happy camper!
Sweet Smiley boy!
Grandma and her little mischief maker. (I love kids who are just "full of it". Mellow kids are wonderful, but not nearly as entertaining as ones like this (and Crewbie now that he has found some "attitude" haha!) Look at that little face!~Grandma and her Lincoln-Bug. I will miss you, cutie-pie. Thank you for coming to stay with us and spreading the joy. We love you. I had SO much fun with you! (I know Grandpa, Kaylene, Matt & Kelly did too.) (Thanks again, you guys, for helping watch him while I worked.)

1 comment:

  1. You've been getting to spend a lot of time with your cute cute grandkids!!

    IN response to your comment: That Ethan is my sisters Ethan. Not Cory and Kelli's. Cory's Ethan is 5! My sister Tracy has a son named Ethan and he is 3 and Sydney is 2 1/2. You need to see our kids because it seems it has been too long!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you know me, I would love to hear from you. Please leave me a comment. D